Hacking & Hack Coaching
Hacking is direct from the yard from where we can access miles of bridlepaths and tracks, we have spectacular views over the Surrey countryside and on a clear day across to London. All our hacks include riding across commons and through woods with limited roadwork.
We believe hacking must have the correct balance of pace, challenge and safety, so we have colour coded our hacks to help you find the right hack. We offer private / semi-private or group hacks (of a similar standard) on sensible, well behaved horses as well as one to one hack coaching to help you develop your skills and knowledge of riding on roads and in open country.
We have a variety of routes ranging from our beginner hack of 30 mins to our extended hacks of 3 - 4 hours.
Our hack leaders are experienced and will gauge the route and pace based on your confidence and experience. We have safe, genuine horses who will further enhance your experience.
To help us match riders to hacks we use a colour coded system however to keep booking simple our online booking system will only offer your hacks suitable for you!
If you cannot find a hack to suit please CALL US
Hacking opportunities include:
* 30 min on the LANE or to THE COMMON in walk & trot only - you will have a mounted escort. Rider must be able to control the horse (ie keep up and no eating!) .
New riders can be assessed for hacking and lessons or regular riders can develop their confidence and skills.
* 45 min gentle riding in walk and trot - rider must be confident in open space and able to canter if needed. These hacks are ideal for our mature and experienced riders who just want to slow down!
* 45 min hacking with coaching - rider must be able to ride in open space and able to canter if needed. These hacks are ideal for riders who have lost their confidence hacking or want to learn more about how to hack proactively!
* 45mins to 1 hour - assessment hacks for anyone new to Kingsmead or equally suitable for a first hack. Riders must be able to control a well behaved horse and be able to ride up and down hill. These hacks are also suitable for any rider who wants to gain confidence , skills or understanding on how to get more from their horses or riding (1:1 hack coaching)
* 60 or 90 mins (approx.) - these our standard hacks conducted in walk, trot & canter - rider must have hacked here before and be confident in open space, on roads and able to canter.
* 60 or 90 mins (approx.) - closed groups one and half or longer - must be hacking regularly at Kingsmead.
* closed / private groups
All riders will need to be pre-authorised for the correct hack level before booking.
Hacks vary from 45 minutes to 3 hours. Our longer hacks are not suitable for novice riders, please check with us before booking